Today i had the wonderful opportunity to see pictures of horrific car crashes, and the results of stupid choices. Some statistics made life a bit more important to me and i now have a greater awareness and respect for those who earnestly obey the speed limit.
Some things we take for granted:
Privelage of Drivers License
One of the biggest things i learned today was that Speed at which all of the aspects of your life can come to a screeching halt. Litterally.
The nurse really worked into my head at least, that our bodys are strong enough for speeds as fast as we can run. Any speed over that we can become seriously injured.
5 Quick Points to Safer Driving/Riding
1) ALWAYS WEAR A SAFETY BELT!!! Do not place the shoulder strap behind you! It prevents your head from hitting the steering wheel and can save not only your life but your lower body.
2) NEVER DRIVE DRUNK!!! You making the decision to drive drunk is making the decision to possibly kill yourself and others around you. It never ends in a good sight. I saw way to many gorey pictures and it was all from people who thought they could still drive!
3) DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT!!! When you speed to get somewhere faster you only really shave off a few minutes. The Rest of your life with full mobility is much more important than those 4-6 minutes you take off of a sports event or meeting. They can wait. Your Life Will Not!
4) ENCOURAGE OTHERS!!! If you love someone you would be stupid not to care if they aren't wearing a safety belt. Do Not Encourage High Risk Driving.
5) ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS!!! Aside from Alcohol Distractions is one of the Largest cuases of crashes. Do not fuss with your radio don't reach down to pick up the CD that fell on the floor. Always be aware and in control of what happens in your car. If conditions call for it Pull over.
I Wish Everyone could sit through this course! 8 hours of Eye opening pictures and real life victims that have made mistakes or have been effected by those mistakes others made.