for others the same basic principles may be followed with other IPSW
So i was enjoying the iPhone 2G that was handed down to me by my dear old man. Later in itunes without thinking i clicked the restore button. No longer had a functioning iphone. I had a brick.
Spending many nights and a full off day of work trying to figure it out i finally found a solution.
I combined a few different methods.
I downloaded VMware and used Pwnage Tool to create my own iPhone software. Then ran into all the annoying itunes error messages 1600-1648. I TRIED EVERYTHING.
So the working solution. i Have posted the Custom Recovery file for others to download. i have also posted a link to the download of Sn0breeze.
There were no messages no errors it worked finally. Many many hours as i'm sure many of you have spent. But for me it worked! Whew.
Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 can be downloaded from here.
For those that need a little more basic.
1) Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 which is posted above.
2) Download 3.1.3 Cutsom IPSW
3) Run sn0wbreeze
4) Choose simple mode and follow instructions.
5) After following all instructions should see the sn0wbreeze DFU screen
6) Open itunes and press Shift + Restore.
7) Select file downloaded from link above. NOT sn0wbreeze iphone 2G 3.1.3 that was put on your desktop.
8) Let itunes run its course.
9) Be patient
10) WOOHOO! Iphone unlocked.
I dont know a whole lot. I am just an amateur but this worked for me. If you have questions comment and i'll see what i can do.